Taco Burgers blend two favorite tastes, the beef burger and the spicy taco, into one delicious dinner your family will rave about!
Serve with tortilla chips, or stack them on top of the patty for a gourmet burger recipe you’ll want to make again and again! Our Taco Burgers make a great Labor Day Menu Idea!
Do you ever have those days where you’re just craving a big, juicy burger. That’s me today. Thank goodness for recipes like these Taco Burgers to hit the spot. I mean really, what’s better than a Taco Tuesday and burger mash up?! Nothing, that’s what. This burger is packed with flavor from the Taco seasoning and topped with taco night favorites for a flavor explosion you’ll love!
Taco Burgers Recipe Tips
- We recommend using Certified Angus Beef ® brand for best results.
- Divide the burger meat into portions to fit your appetite. This recipe uses 2 pounds of ground beef, which means you can make four 1/2 pound burgers, six 1/3 pound burgers, or 8 1/4 pound burgers. The choice is yours. You’ll just need to adjust the number or burger buns and toppings you use accordingly.
- Once you form your burger patties, use your thumb to make an indent in the center of the patty on one side. This indent will help keep the patties flat while they cook.
- Use your favorite salsa! This burger is delicious with everything from a medium heat traditional style salsa to a mild salsa verde.
Now, I’m not going to lie. These Taco Burgers do get a little messy, but it’s totally worth the extra napkins. We usually serve our burger with tortilla chips on the side…using them to mop up any salsa and sour cream that falls on the plate. However, we’ve also been know to throw a few chips on top on burger patty after the salsa for a little crunch in every bite. I’m a pretty big fan of chips on my burgers. Try it. You’ll totally jump on the bandwagon.
Labor Day Menu Ideas
If you love burgers as much as I do, you’re going to want to try these other fabulous burger recipes! They’re crazy good and definite crowd-pleasers…perfect for your Labor Day Menu!!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef See note 1
- 1.25 ounce taco seasoning about 1/4 cup
- 6 slices Monterrey Jack cheese or pepper jack
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices red onion
Your favorite salsa
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat or preheat your grill.
- Place the ground beef and taco seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix together the meat and seasoning until evenly combined.
- Divide the meat into 6 equal portions (about 1/3 pound each). Use your hand to form the meat into burger patties large enough to fit your burger buns. Once all the patties are formed, use your thumb to make an indent in the center of each patty. This will help keep them flat while they cook.
- Place the patties in the skillet or on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes per side, flipping once.
- When the burgers are done. Turn off the heat and place one slice of cheese on each burger. Allow the cheese to melt about before removing the burgers from the skillet or grill.
- Place the bottom half of a burger bun on a serving plate. Top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and onion slice. Place a burger patty with cheese on top of the veggies. Top the cheese with salsa - as much or as little as you like, I use about 1 tablespoon.
- Spread the cut side of the top bun with 1 tablespoons of sour cream. If desired, add a few tortilla chips on top of the salsa. Finish the burger by placing the top bun, sour cream side down, on top of the burger.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or fries.
- We recommend Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results
- This recipe makes six ⅓ pound burgers. You can get more burgers from this same recipe by dividing the meat into eight equal portions for ¼ pound burgers. Adjust the bun and topping count accordingly.
- You can also size down this recipe by mixing together 1 pound ground beef with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and forming the beef into four ¼ pound burger patties.