Sometimes the best recipes have a story behind them, and that is what makes them extra special to serve to loved ones around the family table. Some of us pass down beloved dishes from generation to generation: Grandma’s exceptional roast recipe, Aunt Jane’s epic cookies, and the list goes on! Some dishes are memorable and meaningful because of the process involved with making them – a happy experiment or accident in the kitchen can bring to life unique and delectable dishes. Because we love the history and stories behind meaningful meals, we are coming together today for Sunday Supper to share our own tales from the kitchen!
This week the Sunday Supper family is partnering with Gallo Family Vineyards to bring you an event replete with meals with meaning! Our tastemakers have scoured their beloved recipe collections and headed to the kitchen to share their favorite dishes, as well as the story behind them. Each recipe is paired perfectly with Gallo Family Vineyards’ wine. The featured wines this month include Chardonnay and Merlot. Gallo’s Chardonnay features flavors of citrus, vanilla, and a bit of oak. It is a medium bodied crowd pleasing wine which pairs well with seafood, poultry, seafood salads, and cream sauces. The Gallo Family Vineyards’ Merlot is a medium bodied red wine with flavors of black cherry, plum, and a hint of oak. It is a velvety option that is smooth and approachable to sip on with a wide range of foods!
We hope you will join us around the family table today as we share our recipes with a story, paired with Gallo Family Vineyards’ wine, and perhaps share a few of your favorite recipes and stories as well! Make sure you check out all of the fabulous recipes from the Sunday Supper tastemakers today:
- Baked Cavatini by Magnolia Days
- Italian Noodle Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- German Beef Rouladen by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Spinach by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lasagna Rolls by Casa de Crews
- Lemon Risotto by The Messy Baker
- New Orleans Red Beans and Rice Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pan Seared Ribeye with Homemade Compound Butter by Big Bear’s Wife
- Portuguese Steak & Eggs – bife com ovo a cavalo by Family Foodie
- Roasted Garlic Cheese Fondue by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Reuben Mac and Cheese by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera by Flavor Mosaic
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Spinach Rice Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- White Bean Chili with Cheddar Biscuits by Feed Me, Seymour
- Boston Cream Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Pavlova by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grandma’s Lemon Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Mom’s Apple Crisp by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Lemon Buttercream by The Redhead Baker
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, see their snaps on Instagram, and watch their videos on YouTube for more ideas and updates. Finally, get inspired by even more Meals with Meaning on Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.