Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Turkey Rub Recipe will be your new favorite poultry seasoning! The perfect blend of spices comes together to create the most incredible flavor in this easy dry rub for turkey. You’ll want to keep a stock of this spice blend in your pantry!
🧂 How to Season Turkey
- Liberally coat your bird with turkey spices.
- Using your hands, pat down the seasoning and rub it into the skin and meat of the bird.
- Lift the skin and season with dry rub for turkey underneath for even more flavor.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Seasoning a turkey and letting it rest before cooking it will give you nice and juicy slices.
Thoroughly season the bird as instructed above, then cover it loosely in plastic wrap and store it overnight in the refrigerator.
When ready to cook, your turkey will have soaked up all of the delicious seasoning and will retain moisture better when you cook it. Yum!
Best Turkey Recipes
Garlic Butter Turkey
Try it here: Garlic Butter Turkey
Instant Pot Turkey and Potatoes
You need to try this easy pressure cooker turkey! It cooks right in the Instant Pot with potatoes, so you can make three of your Thanksgiving recipes at a time: the bird, mashed potatoes, and even the gravy!
Paired with this dry rub, it’s the best turkey breast recipe ever. You will love it – I promise!
Try it here: Instant Pot Turkey
Grilled Turkey Recipe
If you have yet to try grilling a turkey, you need to try this recipe! It is so flavorful, smoky, juicy, and delicious. This is one of the best turkey recipes of all time!
Try it here: Grilled Turkey Recipe
⭐ Family Foodie Tip
I always add the rub to the turkey and then gently brush the melted butter on top. This ensures the crispiest and most delicious turkey skin. Trust me, once you do it this way, you will understand why!
📖 Homemade Seasoning Blends
Check out our Pantry Recipes for even more spices and sauces to add to your pantry!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Best Turkey Rub Recipe
- Small bowl for mixing
- 1½ Tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chicken flavor bouillon
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- ½ Tbsp. dry mustard
- Add 1½ Tbsp. paprika, ½ tsp. black pepper, 1 Tbsp. garlic powder, 1 Tbsp. chicken flavor bouillon, ½Tbsp. sugar, and ½ Tbsp. dry mustard to a small bowl.
- Whisk turkey rub seasoning together until blended. Enjoy!
- For best results, brush your turkey with butter after seasoning. Trust us, this will give you the crispiest skin for any turkey!
- Pat seasoning over and under the skin of the bird for the best flavor.