Vodka Cream Pasta is a comforting, colorful pasta dish your family will love. Best of all, it can be on your table in a snap! This recipe was first published in full on the blog MealDiva. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (32 ounces) can crushed garlic tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (if basil is in season, use a large handful of fresh, torn basil instead and add it to the dish right before serving)
- 1 pound pasta, such as penne
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Put a large pot of water on the stove for pasta and bring to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vodka to the pan and reduce the vodka by half, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and basil.
- Bring the sauce to a bubble and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in boiling water until it’s al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare your bread, salad or other side dishes.
- Stir the cream into the sauce.
- When the sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from the heat.
- Drain the pasta then toss it with the sauce
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.