These delicious and very easy white wine garlic mussels are a great recipe to have on Christmas Eve. Grab them fresh and serve them up straight from the pot. Make sure to have plenty of bread for dipping!
This recipe was first published in full on the blog Noshing with the Nolands. We are pleased to share it with you here for Weekday Supper.
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- French stick bread for dipping
- Discard any mussels that don’t close after a tap on the shell or with shells that are broken.
- Add oil to a large pot and sauté garlic over medium high heat until just lightly browned, careful not to burn.
- Add the mussels, white wine, green onions, parsley, grape tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- Cook covered for 7 min.
- Serve in the pot with bread for dipping. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.