How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Follow this guide on How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and you'll be making perfect, delicious chocolate dipped strawberries in no time!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Servings 12 strawberries
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries about 12 large berries
- 6 oz. chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, about 3/4 cup
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil for making chocolate smooth
Pour 6 oz. (3/4 cup) chocolate chips into a deep cup or bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir, then place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until fully melted, always working in 30-second intervals.
Firmly but gently hold back the green leaves of the berry (known as the calyx). Tilt the container of melted chocolate to the side and dip the berry at the side of the bowl, swirling it around to coat it as close to the top and as evenly as possible.
Repeat until all berries are dipped in chocolate. Add toppings as desired and quickly, before the chocolate hardens.
- Wash your strawberries ahead of time in cold water in a colander. Dry with paper towels.
- Dip with skewers or your hands.
- Always microwave in 30 second intervals. Otherwise, your chocolate may seize up and bake in the microwave. It will dry out, crack, and become unusable, so follow the 30 second rule!
- Be ready to add your toppings fast. The chocolate sets very quickly.