Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
Using only a few SIMPLE ingredients, quick and easy sautéed mushrooms and onions are the PERFECT versatile side dish for steak, burgers, chicken or pork!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 1 sweet yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Next, reduce heat to medium, add the sliced onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms and onions are soft and browned.
- Don't let the Mushrooms and Onions dry out! If the mushrooms and onions soak up too much of the juices, you can add additional Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Do not replace the sweet yellow onion with white or red, you want to use only a sweet yellow onion for this dish.
- Variety of Mushrooms: We used white mushrooms in this recipe but, we also love using shiitake mushroom or baby portobello mushrooms if preferred.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 4.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.8mg