Starbucks Egg Bites (Copycat Recipe)
Just like the popular gruyere and bacon Starbucks egg bites, these sous vide egg bites are rich, velvety, and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast!
Servings 7 servings
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half Needs to be bendable enough to fold into bottom of egg mold. Not too crispy. Can also use pre-cooked bacon.
In a blender, add eggs, heavy cream, cottage cheese, Gruyere cheese, hot sauce, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Spray egg mold with cooking spray. Sprinkle a little monterrey jack cheese into each opening, then crisscross two bacon halves in each opening, pushing down into the mold.
Add egg mixture and fill about two-thirds full. Place lid on the egg mold.
Add one cup of water to pressure cooker/Instant Pot. Place trivet into pot and then place egg mold on top of the trivet. Note, if using an egg mold with built in trivet, you don't need an additional trivet.
Set pressure cooker/Instant Pot to steam. The amount of minutes is highly dependent on the model of your pressure cooker. They may need only 9 minutes or up to 15. Start on the lower end and repeat the process for an additional 3 minutes if they're not cooked through (add another splash of water to the pot to replace what has turned to steam). A knife inserted into the egg bite should come out clean. Let the steam naturally release for 10 minutes and then carefully release the steam the rest of the way according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes. Remove egg bites from mold and serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator. To re-heat, place egg bite on a paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- How to Reheat Sous Vide Egg Bites: You can make egg bites ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week. Store in the refrigerator, and when you're ready to eat, just place one on a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Easy peasy!
- Mix it up with other ingredients:
- Roasted red peppers, feta, spinach
- Sausage and mushrooms
- Broccoli and cheddar
- Ham and cheddar
- Diced peppers, pepperjack cheese, extra hot sauce
- Make them in the oven: You can also make these Starbucks egg bites in the oven! Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then butter (or coat with cooking spray) a mini muffin pan, add the egg mixture, and bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven. The key to keeping them as moist as the sous vide version is to not over-bake them, and they will come out fluffy and souffle-like!
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 105mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1mg