Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
This is the BEST ham glaze recipe out there! Our glaze for ham makes the most moist and flavorful honey glazed ham recipe, perfect for special occasions like Christmas, Easter, or a big Sunday dinner for the family.
Servings 12 servings
- 10 lb. Bone-in 1/2 Ham Spiral Sliced, Honey Cured, and Fully Cooked
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper
For Baking the Ham
- 1 cup chicken broth for basting, see notes
How to Bake Ham Before Glazing
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Place ham with cut side down on rack. Loosely cover whole pan with foil.
Bake 1 hour. Prepare glaze while baking.
How to Make Ham Glaze
Melt butter for glaze in 30 second intervals in the microwave until fully melted.
Add all glaze ingredients, including butter, to a small mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix to fully combine.
How to Glaze a Ham
Carefully remove roasting pan from oven after baking an hour. Leave the oven on.
Remove foil from ham. Brush outside of ham with honey brown sugar ham glaze.
Separate each slice of ham and brush the inside of each slice with honey ham glaze.
Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. This will keep the ham moist and allows you to baste if necessary.
Return roasting pan back to oven. Do not cover it. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- This ham serves 10-12 people: A 10 lb. bone-in ham will serve about 10 to 12 people, depending on the crowd!
- How much ham per person: If cooking a different size ham, your cooking times may vary. Check the post above for how much ham per person you will need if cooking for more or less people.
- The chicken broth: Adding chicken broth to the pan while baking after glazing keeps the ham moist and allows you to baste as needed.
- Add more glaze for flavor: After baking, you can add another coat of glaze for extra flavor. Yum!
- Important note about nutrition: Please note, the nutrition values are for the glaze and do not include nutrition for the ham. Please check the nutrition values on the packaging of your bone-in ham if needed!
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg