Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe is SUPER easy and guarantees you a perfect result every time! Easily make perfect homemade cheesecake in your Instant Pot.
Servings 12 people
For the crust
- 1⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs from about 9 crackers
- ⅓ cup melted butter 5 tablespoons
For the filling
- 16 oz. cream cheese 2 packages
- ¾ cup sour cream + 2 tablespoons
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour or cornstarch
For the topping
- 2 cups fresh raspberries about 9 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry jam
- 2-3 Tbsp. water optional, to dissolve the jam
Line a 7-inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Gently grease the sides of the pan.Wrap the bottom of the pan tightly in aluminum foil. This is necessary because the cheesecake will cook in a water bath in the pot, and you don't want any to get into the pan.Cut a long sheet of aluminum foil (about 15 inches) and fold it three times lengthwise. Place the pan in the middle of the folded sheet. This acts as an improvised sling, which helps lower and lift the pan out of the pot.Finally, place the trivet inside the inner pot of the instant pot. Pour 1½ cups water on top.
How to Make Cheesecake Crust
Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Whisk until combined, then pour into your prepared pan.
Press the mixture to the bottom and the sides of the pan.
How to Make Cheesecake Filling
Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer set to high speed, beat until smooth.Then, add sour cream, vanilla extract, and flour. Beat for a few more seconds until mixed through.
Finally, add eggs and beat at low speed until just combined.
Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
Place a piece of paper towel on top of the pan. This absorbs any condensation while it cooks, and stops it from dripping onto the cheesecake.
Cover the paper towel with another sheet of aluminum foil, wrapping it tightly around the top of the pan.
Use the sling to place the springform pan inside the Instant Pot. Fold the sides of the sling inside and then close the pot.
Make sure the valve is set to seal. Press the manual button and set the time for 35 minutes on high pressure. It will take 20 minutes for the pressure to build, and then it will begin the 35 minute countdown. Once it finishes, let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes. If any pressure remains after 20 minutes, release it manually. Remove the pan using the sling. Place it on the counter on a kitchen towel or paper towels (it will be wet).Carefully unwrap the foil and remove the paper towel. Let it cool at room temperature for 1-2 hours. This is important - do not skip letting it cool.
Finally, cover the pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight. When it's set, top with raspberry cheesecake topping, and enjoy!
Raspberry sauce for cheesecake
Heat the raspberry jam in the microwave for a few minutes until it thins out into a sauce. Add water if necessary thin it out.Arrange the fresh raspberries on top of the cheesecake. Spoon the jam over the fruit.
- Cookies instead of crackers: Graham crackers can be substituted with petit beurre cookies or any other plain sugar cookies. You will need about 1 ⅓ cup or 4.5 oz cookie crumbs
- 7-inch spring form pan or smaller only: You can only use up to 7 inch spring form pan for this cheesecake. A larger pan will not fit in the instant pot.
- Heating the jam: If you don’t have access to a microwave or if you would prefer to, you can heat the jam in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Let your eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing your cheesecake filling. It takes an hour for them all to come to room temperature.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1224IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 1mg