How to Make Pulled Pork
The easiest guide for how to make pulled pork in crock pot! Follow our guide on how to make pulled pork, and you'll have the best pulled pork recipe on the block. Slow cooker pulled pork is so mouth-wateringly good, you'll be shooing away neighbors.
- 2 lbs. pork roast we use pork butt roast
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix together 1 cup teriyaki sauce, 1 cup beef broth, and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir.Add the 2 lbs. pork roast to the slow cooker and cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture.
Cook on High for 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking to ensure the pork cooks evenly.
Start to encourage the pork to shred by pulling apart with 2 forks.
Turn the slow cooker to Low and cook for approximately 45 minutes, until most of the juice is absorbed and the pork shreds.
Remove fat from pork with tongs and set aside on a plate to dispose of.
Serve however you like, and enjoy!
Other flavors to use:
Instead of Teriyaki sauce, you can try these ideas:
- Pulled pork nachos
- Pulled pork tacos
- Teriyaki rice with shredded pork
- Flatbread recipe with shredded pork and a fried egg
- Pulled pork sliders
- BBQ pulled pork: Replace Teriyaki with BBQ sauce, keeping other ingredients the same.
- Peach pulled pork: Use 1/2 cup of ponzu sauce and thin slices of peach or nectarine instead of Teriyaki sauce for a sweet and spicy peach pulled pork.
- Spicy Portuguese pulled pork: Use 1/2 cup red pepper paste or puree and 1/2 cup white vinegar instead of Teriyaki sauce.