Best Meatball Sauce Recipe Ever
The flavor of this sauce for meatballs will blow you away! This is the best meatball sauce recipe ever, and so easy to make, too.
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound pork loin cubed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 28 oz. tomato sauce cans
- 1 small onion or half 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
Place a large deep pan or Dutch Oven over high heat and add ¼ cup olive oil. Add 1 small chopped onion and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in 1 tablespoon minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are golden.
Add 1 pound sausage and 1 pound cubed pork loin to the pan. Cook until meat is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Gradually pour in 4 28 ounce cans of tomato sauce. Then, add ½ teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning.
Stir, then add in your cooked meatballs. Cover and simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve over pasta of choice, and enjoy!
- Cook meatballs completely before making sauce for meatballs. I like to make mine in the air fryer, but oven meatballs are a great choice, too. You can even use frozen oven-baked meatballs! Just cook them first.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 2171mg | Potassium: 1499mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1525IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 5mg