Instant Pot White Rice Recipe
This is the perfect white rice recipe. It’s just the right texture, buttery, and tastes amazing. The secret is that it’s cooked with an onion and chicken bouillon, plus plenty of butter!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 small onion or half a large onion
- 2 cups water
- ½ stick butter
- Optional: sliced green onions for topping
Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to your pressure cooker.
Place 1 whole small onion or half a large onion in the center of the pot.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon around the onion in the pot. Avoid getting any on top of the onion – you want it in the rice!
Close the lid and make sure it is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
Remove the onion and add ½ stick of butter. Thoroughly mix together until all the butter melts. Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- Mix the butter in well until it melts completely for buttery, super-flavorful rice.
- Make sure to get the chicken bouillon on the rice and in the water, and not on the onion. You want to cook it directly in the rice.
- Remove the onion after cooking and before stirring in the butter.
- Top with sliced green onions for extra color and flavor. You will love it!
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg