Tender Grilled Pork Butt Recipe
Tender, juicy, and full of flavor, there is nothing like grilled pork butt! The crispy skin on the outside but super tender meat makes this easy pork recipe perfect for making pulled pork on the grill.
- 4.5 pound pork butt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar bourbon seasoning or seasoning of your choice
Rub a 4.5 pound pork butt all over with 4 tablespoons brown sugar bourbon seasoning. Coat every side completely with the seasoning.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight (recommeded).
Place an aluminum tray under the rack of your grill. Center it in the middle of your grill. This will catch the juices from the pork as it cooks.
Pour 2 cups beef broth into the aluminum tray. Place the pork butt in the center of the grill. Grill for 2.5 hours on low heat. See notes for important cooking details!
After 2.5 hours, remove the pork butt from the grill to wrap in aluminum foil. This will prevent the pork from burning and tenderize the meat.
Cook for an additional 1.5 hours on low heat.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The two side burners of your grill should be set to low and your middle burner should be turned off. This will benefit the pork from the indirect heat and prevent it from burning.
- Cook time varies by size of meat. A 4.5 pork butt will cook for approximately 4 hours using this recipe.
- You can use the fat drippings to make a delicious au jus!
- To shred the pork after cooking, use two forks. Separate the fatty bits from the meat. Serve, and enjoy!
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 1264mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 8mg