Ham Potato Soup Recipe
Creamy and full of potatoes, ham, and fresh veggies. This is the best ham and potato soup recipe you will ever try!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 7 medium potatoes Yukon Gold or Russet, cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add 2 cups diced ham and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add 1 chopped onion, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 2 chopped carrots, and 2 chopped celery sticks to the pot. Cook and stir frequently, until onions are translucent.
Add in 6 cups chicken broth and 7 potatoes cut into chunks. Stir to mix.
Lock the Instant Pot lid back in place and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Once 10 minutes is up, carefully release the pressure and remove the lid.
Slowly mix in 1 cup heavy cream while stirring.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
- Always release the steam and remove the lid of your Instant Pot carefully, using an oven mitt or hand towel.
- Mix the heavy cream in slowly.
- For extra deliciousness, top with cheese and serve with homemade bread!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 1386mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3980IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg