Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are ready in under 30 minutes! Deliciously cheesy and creamy, these au gratin potatoes make the perfect holiday side dish!
- 4 small russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter + 2 tsp. extra cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions to taste
Thinly slice 4 small russet potatoes using a mandoline or knife and preheat your oven to 375°F.
Add the sliced potatoes to your Instant Pot with 1 cup of chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
Once 2 minutes is up, release the pressure. Transfer your potatoes from the Instant Pot to an oven-safe dish using a slotted spoon. There will be liquid remaining inside of your Instant Pot from cooking the potatoes – don’t remove it! You’ll use it for the cheese sauce.
Add 1/2 stick butter, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, and 1 cup heavy cream (slowly) to the Instant Pot with the liquid. Set your pressure cooker to saute mode and stir until smooth and creamy.
Pour the cheese sauce over your Instant Pot scalloped potatoes in the baking dish, then top with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese and 2 tsp. butter. Top with sliced green onions to taste if using.
Place in your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check the potatoes every 5 minutes using a toothpick to know when the potatoes are done cooking. When the potatoes are tender and the toothpick pierces through easily, they are ready!
- These Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are gluten-free! Just double-check your chicken broth.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply make it up until the point that you would bake it, cover it tightly with foil, and place in the fridge the day before baking.
- Store Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or even on the stove in a skillet.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1mg