Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe
Our Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe will change the way you make homemade banana bread! The bread bakes right in the Instant Pot, so you don't have to turn your oven on.
Servings 10 slices
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a bowl, peel and mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
Combine 1/2 cup melted butter with 1/2 cup white sugar in a bowl, then blend with a hand mixer or whisk until smooth.
After the butter mixture is nice and creamy, thoroughly beat 2 eggs and then add to the bowl with the butter mixture. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, then mix well.
Stir your mashed bananas and 1/4 cup sour cream into the bowl with the butter mixture to combine.
In another bowl, sift 2 cups flour.Mix with 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until they fully combine into a batter.
Spray a foil loaf pan with cooking spray, then carefully add your batter to the pan.Cover the pan with foil, leaving some room at the top for the bread to rise a little. Place the trivet inside your Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups water.Add the loaf pan to the Instant Pot, resting on top of the trivet.Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
When 45 minutes is up, let your Instant Pot naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes. Then, turn the release knob to release any remaining pressure. Do this carefully.
Very carefully remove the trivet from your Instant Pot with the bread, then let cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Wear oven mitts when you do this!
- You want to use ripe bananas for this recipe. See the in-post instructions on how to ripen bananas in the oven, in your freezer, or in a brown paper bag if your bananas aren't ripe enough.
- Try adding extra ingredients like nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips. Yum!
- Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into it.
- You can store banana bread for up to a week in the refrigerator. Wrap it in plastic wrap. I like to cut my bread into slices and then wrap the slices so they're easy to pull out of the fridge, heat up, and enjoy!
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg