Instant Pot Sage Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Our Instant Pot Sage Sausage Stuffing Recipe will be your new favorite stuffing to make over the holidays! This easy dish is full of incredible flavors and is so simple to put together in 30 minutes or less, saving you time and oven space.
- 1 lb. sage sausage
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 12 Hawaiian rolls 1 package, chopped into large chunks
- 8 Tbsp. butter 1 stick
- 1 ¼ cups turkey broth or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Melt 1 stick of butter, then add 2 cups each of chopped onion and celery and cook down for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add 1 lb. sage sausage to the pan. Cook until it browns, stirring continuously to break it up into chunks, about 4 minutes.
Once browned, season with 1 Tbsp. garlic powder and 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning. Mix through, then pour in 1 ¼ cups chicken broth and stir again.
Add chunks of Hawaiian rolls to the pot and gently stir to mix through.
Once mixed, spoon your mixture into a greased dish small enough to fit into your Instant Pot. Cover the dish tightly with foil. Create an aluminum foil sling by folding one long piece of foil into a long strip. This will make it easy to lift the dish out of the pot when done cooking.
Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot and add your trivet. Place the dish with the stuffing on top with the foil sling wrapped around it. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Quick release, then remove from the pot and remove the foil. Top with sliced green onions, parsley, and Slow Cooker Beef Gravy if desired. Serve, and enjoy!
- For a crunchy top on your Instant Pot Sage Sausage Stuffing, place under your oven broiler for 1 minute!
- Creating a sling out of foil makes it much easier to lift your dish out of the pot once it’s done cooking. Fold a piece of foil into a long strip to create the sling, then wrap it under the bottom of the foil-wrapped dish before placing into the pot to cook.
- Gently stir when adding the Hawaiian rolls. You don’t want it to mix through so that it crumbles too much or becomes mushy!
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 574IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg