Juicy Grilled Turkey Recipe
Your Thanksgiving plans are about to change forever! Our Juicy Grilled Turkey Recipe has the crispiest skin ever and is so juicy.
- 2 cups chicken broth to catch drippings under turkey
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 onion
- 1 batch rosemary sea salt rub
- citrus of your choice I used lemons and clementines, cut into wedges
- fresh chopped parsley optional, for garnish
- fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme optional, for garnish and stuffing
- 20 lb. turkey
Season turkey with rosemary salt seasoning. Pat the rub all over the bird and rub it into the meat and under the skin.
Dab turkey with melted butter all over. Make sure to dab, not brush, so you don't brush off the seasoning.Then, stuff the turkey with citrus wedges along with an onion and fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme if using. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Pour chicken broth into a foil roasting pan and place under the grill where you'll be cooking the turkey to catch the drippings. Reserve drippings to make gravy!
Grill at 450°F with the middle burner off and side burners set to low for 2½ hours. Check the turkey every 30 minutes or so. A whole turkey will reach an internal temperature of 165°F when done cooking.
- After seasoning, dab your turkey all over with melted butter. This will give you the crispiest skin and makes the juiciest turkey.
- We used the indirect grilling method which works great on large pieces of meat. Place the turkey in the middle of the grill and only light the two side burners. Refer to the step by step above on how to step up the indirect grilling method.
- Make sure to place a shallow aluminum foil pan under the turkey. The drippings along with the turkey or chicken broth make the most amazing gravy.
- Using a dry rub and dabbing butter on top will guarantee the crispiest skin.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the proper temperature. You can check the temperature in the thickest part of the breast or in the area in between the thigh and the breast.
Calories: 896kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 132g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 444mg | Sodium: 2322mg | Potassium: 1428mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 468IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 6mg