Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our ooey, gooey copycat Chocolate Chip Levain Cookies recipe makes the best homemade cookies ever! Huge, cakey, and filled with chocolate chunks and walnuts.
Servings 9 cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter cold, cut into small cubes; equal to 1 cup
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cup cake flour
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 cups chocolate chunks not chocolate chips!
Preheat oven to 400°F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.Add butter to a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer) for about 2 minutes, or until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Add brown sugar and white sugar and continue to beat until mixed through. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to bring everything to the center.
Add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed through and smooth.
Set your mixer to low speed. Add cake flour and mixed through. Once completely incorporated, add all-purpose flour and mix through.Finally, mix in cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and bring everything to the center with your spatula.
Add chocolate chunks and walnuts and mix with your spatula until evenly distributed through the dough.
Measure your dough into 6 oz. balls using a ¾ cup measure (make sure it's greased) or weigh using a kitchen scale. Don't try to eyeball it - they are bigger than they sound!Place on baking sheets and bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let them rest 15 minutes so they have time to set. Enjoy!
- If you want to heat the leftover cookies up, don't do it in the microwave! They'll harden up. Preheat your oven to 350°F instead and heat the cookies for about 5 minutes until they're warmed through.
- These cookies are huge! Only place four cookies per baking sheet.
- Use chocolate chunks, not chocolate chips. Trust me on this one - chocolate chunks are so much better than chips for cookies!
Calories: 829kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 706IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 5mg