Holiday Eye of Round Roast with Roasted Corn Salad
Yes, you CAN have an amazingly flavorful and tender holiday roast on a budget: our Eye of Round Roast recipe proves it!
- 3 lb. eye of round roast trimmed - leave fat on one side
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 recipe sweet and salty beef rub
- 4 large sweet potatoes sliced thinly
- 4 fresh ears of corn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush eye of round roast with olive oil on all sides, then season with sweet and salty beef rub. Pat the rub down into the beef to give it a nice coating, but save some of the seasoning to season your veggies with!
Slice 4 large sweet potatoes and arrange the slices in a circular pattern on a baking pan or sheet. Brush with olive oil.
Place your seasoned roast on top of the sweet potatoes in the center. Roast for 20 minutes at 425°F and make your roasted corn salad in the meantime.
Combine corn and tomatoes in a baking pan and add the remaining seasoning plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix well and add to the oven after the initial 20 minutes is up.Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Roast for an additional 50 minutes. Remove both from oven when done and tent the roast with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.Spoon roasted corn salad over eye of round roast, then slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Season everything from the beef to the sweet potatoes and roasted corn salad with the brown sugar rub. This gives the dish so much flavor and ties everything together!
- Let your roast rest for 15 minutes before carving it. This locks in the juices and helps keep it tender.
- Slice against the grain, always!
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 1651mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 28365IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5mg