Vietnamese Steak Salad Recipe
Made with thinly sliced sirloin, crisp veggies, rice noodles, and a zesty lime dressing, our easy Vietnamese Beef Salad recipe makes a delicious lunch or dinner!
- 2 sirloin steaks 8 oz. each
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into strips
- 1 large cucumber peeled in ribbons
- 1 butter lettuce roughly chopped, or 2 baby gem lettuce
- 1 handful fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 red chili finely sliced with seeds
- 1 cup dried rice noodles
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic ginger paste or equal parts garlic and ginger mixed into a paste
Vietnamese Salad Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
In a small bowl, mix juice from 2 limes, 1 tsp. fish sauce, and 1 tsp. garlic ginger paste. Pour over two 8 oz. sirloin steaks at room temperature. Cover and soak for at least 20 minutes.
Place 1 cup dried rice noodles in a bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let them sit for 1 minute, then carefully drain and rinse under cold water.Peel and cut 2 medium carrots into strips. Slice 1 large cucumber into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Chop lettuce, coriander, and mint leaves. Finely slice red chili, leave the seeds in.Place your prepared vegetables in a large bowl, then add the noodles. Cover and place in the fridge.
Heat a griddle pan or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the marinated steaks. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or for longer if you want them more well done. Remove and wrap loosely in foil to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. sesame oil, juice from 1 lime, 1 tsp. fish sauce, and 1 Tbsp. honey. Mix well.
Toss everything together to mix the salad ingredients with the noodles. Unwrap and slice the steaks, then add to the top of the salad. Pour over the Vietnamese salad dressing.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to cook them to let them come to room temperature.
- Do not move or flip the steaks while they're cooking on each side. If they start to smoke, reduce the heat.
- Let your steaks rest loosely wrapped in foil for 8 minutes after cooking!
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6793IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 4mg