Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas
Quick and delicious, this Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas is a miracle dessert! You can prepare it with almost no efforts but the result will certainly amaze everyone around you!
Servings 12 Servings
For the fruits:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 medium bananas roughly chopped
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the cake mix:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 stick 1/2 cup cold butter, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Dump the chopped fruits into a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 9 x 7 inch). Spoon on top sugar and cornstarch. Mix until the the fruits are evenly coated.
In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar and mix gently. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the fruits. Use a spoon to make the top as even as possible.
Arrange the butter slices on top of the cake mixture.
Place the pan in the oven to bake. Make sure that the butter has covered completely the cake after melting. If this is not the case, add some more butter on the parts of the cake that are still dry.
Bake the cake for 20-30 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
Serve warm, preferably with an ice cream scoop on top.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Want to try a variation with different fruits? No problem! Just consider increasing the sugar with fruits that are less sweet.
- Make sure the butter is well distributed on top so that it covers the cake mix perfectly as it melts. Otherwise, you are risking to find traces of dry flour afterward which won’t be pleasant to eat.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 47.9mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.7mg