Slow Cooker Carne Picada
Turn an average weeknight meal into a delicacy with our slow cooker carne picada! Slowly cook beef picada to melt-in-your-mouth perfection to use for easy weeknight dinners the whole family will love. Serve carne picada meat in tacos or burritos, over rice, and so much more!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds Bottom round roast cut in ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
Cube (if necessary) and dry the beef by patting with paper towels. Combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and set aside.
Heat olive oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear beef over medium-high heat in batches until browned. Transfer seared beef to slow cooker.
Stir in reserved flour blend and the fire roasted tomatoes.
Cook for 3 hours on high. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
- It's important to sear the beef for best flavor, so don't skip that step. The beef sears quickly and easily as it is already cut into small chunks.
- Want a longer cook time? Cook the beef on low until very tender, about 5 hours.
- We always recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand beef to maximize flavor and tenderness.
- If you prefer a milder flavor, use regular canned diced tomatoes.
- If you want more sauce to top over rice or pasta, use 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes. If you want a drier beef for tacos, use 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.9mg