Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
An easy healthy smoothie recipe like this Blueberry Banana Smoothie takes just a few minutes of preparation for a quick and nutritious breakfast! It uses just four ingredients and takes only as much time as a cup of coffee to make.
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- For this particular smoothie, I include old fashioned rolled oats for added protein and healthy carbs. This will also keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- I make smoothies with almond milk, but any type of nut milk, coconut milk, or regular dairy milk will work just as well.
- Fresh blueberries are great for the best fruit smoothie, but you can make this even when blueberry season is over by using frozen blueberries.
- If you want a thicker consistency for a smoothie bowl recipe, use frozen banana and frozen blueberries. You’ll need a high power blender for this.
- If you’re using all frozen fruit, but want a thinner, drinkable smoothie, use 1 cup of liquid instead of the 1/2 cup this recipe calls for.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 24.6mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1.6mg