How to Make Chocolate Ganache
Learn How to Make Ganache EASILY with just three basic ingredients in this super simple recipe. Top all your favorite desserts with ganache! Your options for this easy recipe are endless.
Servings 1 cup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch sea salt or kosher salt
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream in the microwave for about 45 seconds until it just begins to bubble.Pour 4.5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl.
Carefully pour the hot whipping cream over the chocolate chips in the bowl.
Stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth. If the chips don’t melt completely, put the bowl back in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds to heat just slightly. Stir until smooth.
Add a pinch (about 1/8 tsp.) sea salt or kosher salt, and stir to combine.
Use for all your favorite dessert recipes. Make sure that you make the ganache when you're ready to use it, and not ahead of time.
- Make a white chocolate ganache recipe by using white chocolate chips instead. Dark chocolate ganache is delicious, too.
- If the chocolate is too thin, put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes until it thickens.
- Use as a topping for fruits, cakes, cheesecakes, etc.
- This recipe is for a little under 1 cup. To make a larger portion, use 1 cup heavy cream and 8 oz. chocolate. This will make about 2 cups.
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg