Homemade Rice-A-Roni Gluten Free
Make Rice-A-Roni from scratch with our Homemade Rice-A-Roni recipe! It's just as quick and easy as the popular box mix, but this version has less ingredients and is gluten free too!
- ½ Cup Brown Rice
- ¼ Cup Gluten Free Spaghetti broken in pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
Melt the butter in a medium pot
Add rice and pasta, toast slightly
Add remaining ingredients
Cover with a lid and simmer for 25-35 minutes until pasta and rice are tender
- Use gluten free spaghetti noodles: Gluten-free vermicelli noodles will fall apart.
- Use brown rice for a healthier version
- Cook the rice in chicken stock: This gives that comforting flavor found in the box mixes.
- Use a low sodium chicken stock: You don't want it to get too salty while the rice cooks!
- If following a gluten-free meal plan, look for gluten-free chicken stock.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 83mg | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.6mg