Holiday Roasted Artichoke Salad Recipe
Roasted Artichoke Salad is one of the easiest and prettiest holiday salad recipes you should be serving all season long! The roasted artichokes combined with the tangy burst of fresh basil vinaigrette is the perfect festive salad and a delicious way to start your meal.
Baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
Food processor fitted with steel blade
Serving dish to toss everything together
Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts in a jar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked
- ¼ cup shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon bell pepper freshly cracked
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers drained (or more to your liking)
- 2 roasted red peppers sliced thinly
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped fresh
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Roast Artichokes
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the artichoke hearts on the baking sheet and drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil. Sprinkle on ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper and toss until well-coated.Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the artichoke hearts are toasted golden-brown.
How to Make Vinaigrette with Basil
Place minced ¼ cup minced shallot, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp. champagne vinegar, ½ tsp. kosher salt, and ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper in the bowl of your food processor fitted with a steel blade.Process for 30 seconds. Then, add ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves and process again into a green puree. With the processor running, slowly pour ½ cup olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube until the ingredients are finely pureed.Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until ready to use.
Assembling the Salad
When the artichoke hearts are done roasting, place them in a serving dish and toss with enough basil vinaigrette to coat. Add 3 Tbsp. capers, 1-2 sliced roasted red peppers, ¼ cups minced red onion, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, and ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes to the dish. Give it a taste and adjust with seasoning as needed. Toss everything together and serve chilled or at room temperature with additional dressing.
- We used jarred artichokes for this recipe. If you have frozen artichokes available, those are best. However, frozen artichokes are more expensive and sometimes difficult to find. We find the jarred artichokes work great in this recipe.
- Champagne vinegar is recommended, but you may sub in white vinegar if you have it on hand.
- This recipe is even better if you make it up a day ahead. We recommend prepping it a day ahead of when you want to serve it. This will free up your time and your oven for other things. A must when cooking a large meal.
- You can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd.
- Adjust all mix-ins, like capers, red peppers, red onion, parsley, and red pepper flakes, to taste!
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1182mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1630IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.4mg