Easy Fish Taco Recipe
Taco Tuesday will never be the same once you make this Easy Fish Taco Recipe! Fresh fish topped with sweet pineapple slaw is a burst of flavor you'll love!
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 filets tilapia 1 pound filets
- 4 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cabbage shredded; purple, green, or both
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 8 flour tortillas 6"
- Lime wedges
In a good-sized flat dish, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and salt until well combined. Place one fish filet in the marinade at a time coating both sides. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining fish. Allow to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook the fish in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a plate and use a fork to until the fish into small pieces. (It will flake easily.)
While the fish is marinating, make the slaw. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pineapple preserves, olive oil, and salt until combined.
Add the cabbage and carrots, and mix until all the veggies are well coated. Set aside.
Lay out a tortilla. Place a few tablespoons of fish down the center of the tortilla. Top the fish with pineapple slaw. Repeat until all the fish has been used.
Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the tacos. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute pre-made coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots) and add in some extra shredded carrots to save on prep.
- These tacos are wet! There is a lot of moisture from the water coming out of the cabbage and fish. They will drip, but they are delicious and worth the mess while eating.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1495IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.2mg