Bacon Jalapeño Deviled Eggs with Cream Cheese
Bacon Jalapeño Deviled Eggs with Cream Cheese take classic deviled eggs to a whole new level of delicious!
- 6 hard boiled eggs shells removed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened and cut into small pieces
- ½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 5 strips bacon cooked until crispy
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Carefully peel and cut 6 hard-boiled eggs in half length-wise.
Remove the yolks and place them in a medium mixing bowl. Set the egg whites on a serving platter or plate.
Use a fork to smash the egg yolks until they reach a crumb-like texture.Add ¼ cup mayonnaise and 1 ounce cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces, to the yolks. Mix until combined and smooth.
Break 5 strips of crispy bacon up into little bits. See post or notes for tips on making the bacon.
Add the ¾ of the bacon bits, 1 seeded and diced jalapeño, and 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl with the yolks. Mix to combine.
Transfer the egg yolk mixture to a piping bag or a plastic baggie with one corner cut off. Pipe the egg filling into the egg whites.
Sprinkle the remaining bacon bits over the filling. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Cold hard-boiled eggs are easier to peel. Place your hard-boiled eggs in bowl and refrigerate the night before making deviled eggs, or place them in an ice water bath until cooled down and easy to peel.
- Carefuly peel the eggs to avoid making "craters" in the eggs while peeling.
- Prepare your bacon in the oven ahead of time or as the eggs are boiling. Line it on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil and bake at 400°F for about 15 to 20 minutes until it's crispy.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg