Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas
A tasty casserole the entire family will enjoy. Make ahead instructions included in this easy recipe that is perfect for back-to-school dinners. It's an excellent menu choice for this busy time of year!
9" by 13" baking dish
- 2 pounds ground chuck cooked and drained - see note 1
- 1.25 ounce taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels thawed
- 16 ounce salsa your choice
- 12 corn tortillas 6 inch tortillas
- 20 ounces hatch chiles five 4 oz. cans, diced
- 1 pound Mexican Blend cheese grated
- 10 ounce enchilada sauce mild
- Chopped green onions and fresh tomatoes for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F.Heat a pan greased with cooking oil over medium heat.When the pan is hot and shimmering, add ground beef and break it into pieces using a wooden spoon or spatula.Let it begin to brown, and then break the beef into smaller pieces. Cook until all beef is broken up and browned.
Combine cooked ground beef with taco seasoning, water, and green onions. Stir in salsa and corn until well-combined.
Spray a 9” x 13” pan with non-stick spray. Begin layering lasagna by placing a layer of tortillas along the bottom.
Top with 1/3 of the diced hatch chiles, ground beef mixture, Mexican cheese blend, and enchilada sauce.
Repeat layers twice in that order, topping it all off with cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Allow taco lasagna to sit, loosely covered, for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onions and fresh diced tomatoes, if desired. Serve, and enjoy!
- Make-ahead Tip: Prepare the beef layer of ground beef, taco seasoning, water, and green onions, then refrigerate until ready to assemble. Add the corn and salsa, then simply assemble the Mexican lasagna and bake as directed.
- We recommend using Certified Angus Beef ® brand ground chuck for best results.
Calories: 654kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 1829mg | Potassium: 651mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1430IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 452mg | Iron: 4.1mg