Harissa Beef Roulade
Change up your usual steak routine with Harissa Beef Roulade. Certified Angus Beef® brand ribeye cap stuffed with zesty harissa, sweet roasted garlic and fresh parsley then rolled, tied and grilled to perfection. It's an easy to make Sunday supper recipe that's ready in about 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs Ribeye cap spinalis dorsi, approximately 2 lbs., trimmed of excess fat and silver skin
- 3 tablespoons harissa
- 8 cloves roasted garlic mashed
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped fresh
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Lay ribeye cap on a cutting board with grain running horizontally. Season with salt and pepper; flip to other side. Spread evenly with harissa, then garlic and parsley, leaving about an inch along the top of the meat uncoated.
Roll ribeye cap tightly in a pinwheel style. Grain should run with the length of the roulade. Tie with butcher’s twine, about every two inches. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least four hours, overnight preferred.
Preheat half of grill to medium high. Sear rib cap roulade over direct heat, rolling to develop uniform sear marks, 5-10 minutes. Move to indirect heat to finish cooking to an internal temperature of 130˚F. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes, remove butcher’s twine and slice in half-inch slices.
- Ribeye Cap is also known as deckle, spinalis dorsi, or calotte. Ask your butcher about it.
- We Recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Potassium: 684mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 4.3mg