Porterhouse Steak Recipe with French Onion Green Beans
Grill up this incredible Porterhouse Steak Recipe with French Onion Green Beans cooked in a foil pack! This simple steak recipe is made with juicy porterhouse steak, red potatoes, foil pack green beans, Vidalia onion, and button mushrooms. It's an easy grilling recipe you'll love!
- 12 ounces red potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
- 10 ounces fresh green beans cleaned
- 1 Vidalia onion cut into bite-sized chunks
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup French onion soup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Porterhouse steaks 16 ounces each with bone - See note 1
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill to medium high.
Make a pouch with aluminum foil using two pieces approximately 18 inches long. Line them up one on top of the other, and fold and pinch the edges on three of the sides.
Add the potatoes, green beans, onion chunks, and mushrooms to the pouch.
In a small bowl, combine the French onion soup and the garlic.
Pour the liquid into the pouch, then add the butter on top.
Seal the fourth edge and place on the grill to cook for about 10 minutes.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
Cook until desired doneness is reached, then remove for the grill and let rest for 4 minutes.
Serve the vegetables alongside the steaks.
- We recommend Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results.
- If you'd like, you can use your favorite steak seasoning for this recipe instead of simple salt and pepper.
Calories: 632kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 1411mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 21.8mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 5.3mg