Spicy Grilled Steak Nachos
You are going to love these easy Steak Nachos! What could be easier than a sheet pan of chips, cheese, and steak, covered with nachos toppings, like salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream?
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce your choice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1.25 lb. chuck steak or leftover steak slices
- 1 bag tortilla chips your choice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa your choice
In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. hot sauce, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 Tbsp. minced garlic, and ¼ tsp. sea salt.
Place a 1.25 lb. chuck steak in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag with the steak and seal it tightly. Turn it over a few times, massaging the marinade into the steak.
Refrigerate and allow the steak to marinate for up to 2 hours.
Grilling Steak for Steak Nachos
Once ready to cook, preheat your grill or stove to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill or skillet on the stove (cast iron skillets work best).
Cook on one side for 8 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for another 5-8 minutes until you reach your desired degree of doneness (about 135°F for medium-rare, or 145°F for medium).
Remove the steak from the grill or stove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Assembling the Steak Nachos
Preheat your oven broiler to high. Spread 1 bag of tortilla chips in a single even layer on a baking sheet.
Lay slices of steak over the tortilla chips, then sprinkle with 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Put the pan in the oven until the cheese melts and the chips crisp up, about 3-4 minutes.
Top with 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ½ cup salsa of your choice, and ⅓ cup sour cream.
- Use leftover steak: You can use leftover steak to make these steak nachos! If you do, shave off the time required to grill the steak. Just thinly slice your leftovers and add to your nachos.
- Nacho toppings: Mix up your toppings choices! Here are some ideas on what you can use:
- Mexican crema
- Shrimp for surf & turf nachos
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 3mg