Loaded Baked Potatoes Wrapped in Bacon
Tender, fluffy baked potatoes are wrapped in crispy bacon and loaded with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions and butter for the best loaded baked potatoes ever!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 8 slices bacon not thick-cut – about 1-2 slices per potato
For loading the potatoes
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Scrub and rinse 4 russet potatoes, then dry thoroughly.
Wrap each potato with 1-2 slices of bacon, overlapping the slices. Remember the bacon will shrink as the potatoes bake. Poke a few toothpicks into the potato to hold the bacon in place and pierce the potato.
Bake for 55-60 minutes on a baking sheet. The potatoes should be tender and fluffy inside and the bacon should be crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, or until they're cool enough to handle. Remove the toothpicks once cool.
Cut a slit in the top of each potato and push on the ends to open them up. Fill with 1 tbsp. of butter each and with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, and sour cream to taste. Serve, and enjoy!
- Try even more baked potato toppings, like blue cheese or caramelized onions!
- Make sure to bake your potatoes over a wire rack on the sheet pan. This will result in crispier bacon!
- Cut the potatoes open right away after you bake them. If you don't, they'll continue to steam and cook on the inside.
Calories: 799kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 1129mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1372IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 508mg | Iron: 3mg