Banana Bread Waffles Recipe
Banana Bread Waffles are quick, easy, and so delicious! You'll love every bite of this comforting, homemade waffle recipe.
Servings 8 mini waffles
Mini waffle maker or regular waffle maker
Whisk or electric hand mixer
Two mixing bowls and one small bowl
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 stick butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
Peel 3 ripe bananas and place them in a bowl. Mash with a fork until they reach a smooth consistency.
Combine 1 stick melted butter with ½ cup white sugar in a bowl. Blend using a whisk or electric hand mixer until creamy and smooth.
Thoroughly beat 2 eggs in a small bowl, then add them to the bowl with the butter mixture.
Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and mix well. Finally, stir in mashed bananas and ¼ cup sour cream, then mix together thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, sift 2 cups flour.
Mix with 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, ¼ tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ cup brown sugar.
Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix together until a smooth batter.
Spray the inside of your waffle maker with cooking spray. Take 1 large spoonful of batter (or more if using a regular size waffle maker) and place in the center of the waffle maker.
Press down and hold the lid for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite waffle toppings, and enjoy!
- Make sure to use ripe bananas! They will make a much more flavorful banana bread batter.
- Let the waffle iron heat up before you add the waffle batter.
- Leave some lumps in the batter—it's better that way.
- You can reheat waffles by placing them in the toaster.
- If you're making multiple batches, you can keep your first few waffles warm by setting them on a baking tray in the oven on very low heat.
- Cook for longer for crispier waffles.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg