Easy Stewed Apples Recipe
Stewed Apples are a perfect recipe for any time of year, but are especially perfect for Fall! You'll love the warm flavors of this easy apple recipe.
Servings 2 (approx)
- 1 apple
- ½ tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Peel your apple and cut it into quarters.
Remove the core, then cut the apple quarters into slices or dice them, according to your preference.
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat, then add the apples. Cook for a couple of minutes. Then, add in the apple juice, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
Simmer for a few more minutes until the apples are tender and the liquid is syrupy. Serve, and enjoy!
- Slices are best for dishes like parfait, apple crisp, and sauces, while diced apples work perfectly for muffins.
- Cut your apples into equally sized slices or dice. The apples will cook more evenly if they are relatively close to the same size.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe, but it will take longer for the syrup to reduce if you do.
- Try adding more spices to the mixture and see what you like best! Any spice you enjoy in an apple dessert like our Ina Garten Apple Crisp will be perfect for stewing apples.
- If your liquid reduces too much before the apples can soften enough, add a bit more apple juice or water to the pan.
- You can use either water or apple juice, but apple juice combined with cinnamon is a perfect choice!
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 4.7mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.1mg