Amazing Glazed Carrots Recipe
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are a quick and easy side dish recipe you can make with just 4 ingredients in 15 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced into thick sticks
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish optional
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Toss in the carrots, followed by the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the sauce has reduced to a bubbling glaze.
The glaze will thicken a little more once it is removed from heat. Serve immediately topped with the freshly topped parsley if desired.
- Baby carrots may be substituted and will save you time, as you will not have to cut the carrots.
- Make sure to use carrots that are approximately the same size for even cooking.
- Try adding cinnamon or orange zest for fun flavor additions!
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 25435IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 0.5mg