Standing Rib Roast Recipe
The best Standing Rib Roast Recipe! A Standing Rib Roast is easier to make than you might think! It is the quintessential holiday roast centerpiece.
Roasting pan with rack
- 7-8 Pounds Standing Rib Roast or Bone-in prime rib
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Rosemary Minced
- 8 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- Use a roasting pan with a rack. This will help heat rotate evenly as the roast cooks.
- Bring your standing rib roast to room temperature by letting it sit on the counter for approximately 2 hours. This will ensure even cooking throughout.
- Always make sure you let your rib roast rest for approximately 15 minutes before cutting into it. This will ensure the juices stay in the roast and you will have a juicy prime rib roast.
- Ask your butcher to french the rib roast for you. This makes for such a pretty presentation. When roasting, covered the bone ends with aluminum foil so they didn't dry out.
- Always cut beef against the grain.
Calories: 836kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 143g | Saturated Fat: 64g | Cholesterol: 335mg | Sodium: 1277mg | Potassium: 1036mg | Vitamin A: 745IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 7mg