Easy Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe
Our simple Salmon Poke Bowl recipe is perfectly sized for two portions and uses easy, fresh ingredients you will love!
- ½ cup rice becomes approx. 1 cup cooked
- 8 oz salmon sushi-grade - this is very important!
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. brown sugar
- ½ avocado
- ½ mango
- ¼ cup edamame cooked
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds toasted white or black
Cook rice according to package or recipe directions, and set aside when ready. See: Stovetop Rice Recipe or Instant Pot Rice Recipe.
While the rice is cooking, trim any skin and brown flesh from sushi-grade salmon. Dice into bite-size pieces. Then, mix together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and brown sugar, and toss the diced salmon in the mixture.
Peel and dice avocado and mango. See: How to Cut Avocado.Split the cooked rice into two separate bowls. Top with half of the avocado, mango, and edamame to one side of the bowl. Then, place the marinated salmon on the other side. Hold back most of the marinade, but adding a little to the rice gives extra flavor.
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top, serve, and enjoy!
- Make sure you buy sushi-grade salmon to use for this recipe. Raw salmon recipes should always use sushi-grade fish.
- See the post content for variations on toppings and what to serve with your salmon poke bowls!
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1063mg | Potassium: 1044mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 21.2mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2.4mg