Peri Peri Sauce Recipe
Rich and flavorful, this Peri Peri Sauce recipe makes a tasty MARINADE or side sauce with a kick! It takes only a few minutes to make with easy ingredients.
Servings 8 serves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika (see note 3)
- 2 large fire roasted peppers (see note 2)
- 6-7 Thai red chilis seeds removed and finely chopped (see note 1)
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Heat the oil then saute the onions, garlic and paprika until softened (about 5 minutes).
Add the onion mixture along with all the other ingredients to a blender and blend until nearly smooth.
- Feel free to adjust the heat to your taste by adding more or less chili peppers. This Peri Peri sauce recipe is medium-hot.
- When using fire roasted peppers from a jar, discard the liquid they came in.
- You can used smoked paprika if you prefer.
- If you like to make batches of Peri Peri Sauce and store them, make sure to use sterilized bottles and use proper canning procedure.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 55.9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.2mg