Lasagna for Two
Enjoy delicious, cheesy lasagna for two, made with easy to find, fresh ingredients! This lasagna recipe is perfectly portioned for little to no leftovers.
- 3 no-boil lasagna sheets oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lbs. Italian sausage ground
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- ½ tsp. garlic minced
- 14.5 oz. crushed tomatoes canned
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 15 oz. ricotta
- 1 ¾ cup mozzarella
Place 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ pound ground Italian sausage, and ½ cup diced yellow onion in a Dutch Oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until the sausage browns and onions soften, about 5-8 minutes.
Add ½ teaspoon minced garlic, a 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes, ⅓ cup water, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the sausage and onions.Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350°F.In a medium bowl, whisk to combine 1 egg with 15 ounces ricotta cheese. Set aside until the meat sauce is done simmering.
Cover the bottom of an 8″x 3 ⅞″ deep loaf foil baking pan with ⅓ of the meat sauce mixture.
Top with 1 sheet of lasagna, ⅓ of the ricotta cheese mixture, and a layer of mozzarella cheese (use about ¼ of your 1 ¾ cups mozzarella).Repeat this process the same way three times.
Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes is up, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese browns and bubbles. Serve, and enjoy!
- You can easily double lasagna for two by baking it in a 13x9" pan and doubling your ingredients.
- Saving it for later? Freeze the lasagna after baking it and add 30 minutes to the baking time when you're cooking it from frozen.
- Make it ahead of time by assembling the layers in the baking dish, then covering and refrigerating it for up to two days before baking.
Calories: 1466kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 46g | Cholesterol: 353mg | Sodium: 1941mg | Potassium: 1400mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2395IU | Vitamin C: 24.2mg | Calcium: 1095mg | Iron: 7.2mg