Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Sweet and tangy STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRISP makes a delicious springtime dessert! Full of fresh strawberries and rhubarb, this is an easy dessert you'll love.
Strawberry Rhubarb Filling
- 3 cups rhubarb sliced
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or arrowroot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the strawberry rhubarb filling ingredients and stir to combine.
Transfer filling to a greased 9x9 baking dish.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the crisp topping ingredients. Using a fork or spoon, stir to combine. The mixture should be wet but a little crumbly. If the crisp topping is too dry, add another tablespoon of melted butter.
Spread the crisp topping over the top of the fruit.
Bake for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- If you cannot find fresh rhubarb, you can use frozen rhubarb. Be sure to fully thaw before cooking.
- If the crisp topping mixture is too dry, you can add additional melted butter one tablespoon at a time.
- If preferred, melted coconut oil can be used in place of butter.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 22.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.1mg