Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Mushrooms and arborio rice elevate this mushroom risotto recipe beyond the traditional into an elegant but EASY side dish perfect for any time of year!
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine dry or semi-dry
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley - chopped optional
Add chicken stock to a saucepan and warm over medium-low heat until simmering. Keep warm until ready to use.
In a skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the rice and let the rice toast.Once the rice is toasted, add mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until the rice and mushrooms start to brown. Increase heat to high, then add the wine and stir. Let cook on high for about 2-3 minutes, then reduce heat down to medium-high. Add about half of the warm chicken stock and stir continuously. The key to a great risotto is stirring, stirring stirring.
Let it cook, and as you stir. The rice will begin to absorb the liquid. Once it begins to absorb some of the stock, slowly add the remaining stock.
Continue to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the stock is fully absorbed.
Reduce heat to low, then add butter and Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Transfer to a serving bowl, top with chopped parsley and additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.Risotto is best served warm so you may want to transfer it to a warm serving bowl or even serve it right out of the pan.
- You can swap in sliced baby portobello mushrooms if preferred.
- Arborio Rice is the best rice to use in a risotto.
- You can make this mushroom risotto recipe vegetarian by using vegetable broth.
- The key to great risotto is stir stir stir!!! Don't forget to stir!
- Risotto is best served warm. You may want to warm your serving bowl or even serve it right out of the pan.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 286mg | Potassium: 181mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg