Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Rich and creamy pork chops with mushroom gravy come together in just 30 minutes and all in one-pan. Pan fried pork chops pair perfectly with mushroom gravy in this easy recipe.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 pork chops bone-in or boneless
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups mushrooms sliced
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme stems removed; optional for garnish
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley chopped; optional for garnish
Pat 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless) dry and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter melts, add the pork chops and sear for 5 minutes on each side (less for boneless). Remove from the pan and set aside.
Without cleaning the pan, add 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms and ½ a sliced yellow onion and cook until golden brown and caramelized. Add a little more oil if the pan is too dry.
Once browned, add 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Add ½ cup chicken broth, ½ cup heavy cream, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard to the pan. Whisk gently until it thickens.
Add salt and pepper to taste, then place the pork chops back into the pan and cover with the gravy. Allow to heat through.
Plate and spoon gravy over pork chops to serve. Optionally, garnish with 1 Teaspoon each of fresh thyme and parsley.
- This recipe can be made using bone-in or boneless pork chops.
- If boneless, the searing time per side maybe a little less. Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of minimum 145°F.
- Cooking pork chops too long will dry them out, so be careful not to overcook your them. A meat thermometer always helps when cooking any meat.
- Make sure you get the pork chops to the point that they have that nice golden look to the and crispy edges.
- Don’t forget to scrape up the browned bits leftover on the pan from the chops…this is the secret to a great tasting sauce!
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.2mg