Slow Roasted Prime Rib
Our Slow Roasted Prime Rib Roast recipe is a melt-in-your-mouth holiday classic. Using only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep work, this is an easy rib roast recipe that will really "wow" your guests!
Roasting pan with rack
- 8 lb. Certified Angus Beef® brand Boneless Prime Rib Roast
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. black pepper freshly ground
- Use the FREE Roast Perfect App by Certified Angus Beef® brand to select the perfect size roast for the amount of guests you are serving.
- It is always best to use a meat thermometer to make sure your Prime Rib is done perfectly to your liking.
- The night before roasting the prime rib, unwrap the beef and set it in the refrigerator. Keep it uncovered on the sheet pan with a rack. This allows the surface moisture to evaporate and will guarantee a beautiful brown crust when you sear it.
- Three hours before roasting, take the beef out and place it on a sheet pan (to catch any juices) and keep at room temperature. This step is key to an evenly roasted prime rib recipe.
- Make sure you let the prime rib rest for at least 15-20 minutes before carving
- For maximum flavor and tenderness, be sure to use Certified Angus Beef® brand Prime Rib
Calories: 1085kcal | Protein: 49g | Fat: 96g | Saturated Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 219mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 806mg | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 5.2mg