Isabel Laessig is on a mission to bring back Sunday Supper around the family table in every home.
As a wife and mother of four, she understands the power of the bond created when families gather around the table to share a meal.
This understanding was the genesis of the Sunday Supper Movement, a platform that empowers and inspires family connections by nurturing them around the family table. As Isabel says: “It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life.”
Isabel loves to hear from you! If you have any recipe requests, recommendations, or any questions, you can contact her at [email protected]
Turning Sunday Supper into a Movement
How does an idea become a movement? It starts with the passion of one person and her commitment to promoting family values that include sharing, support, connection…and fun.
Isabel knew the best way to spread her message was through her extended social media network. Her popular blog, Family Foodie, gave Isabel a built-in platform to amplify the Sunday Supper message. But she didn’t stop there.
To take a simple idea that began around the family table and create a global culinary phenomenon, Isabel knew she would have to engage food bloggers, winemakers, chefs, public relations professionals, traditional media, new media, and food writers.
She also worked to attract brands that believe in her mission and want to connect with her Sunday Supper community.
Making a Connection
Isabel’s ability to engage these diverse groups around a cohesive and compelling idea is Isabel’s unique gift.
What started as a grassroots movement that prioritizes family connection has now grown into an organization that works with influencers and brands, creating digital campaigns and strategies to reach a wide and growing audience of people committed to creating connections around the family table.
Sunday Supper has become the “Voice” of some of the most recognizable brands in the Food and Wine industry. The heart and soul of the Sunday Supper Movement has been in creating strategic marketing collaborations with brands whose goals and values align with our mission.
Our clients can be seen creating a buzz on social media channels, TV, Newspaper front page, Radio shows and other digital media outlets.
These media relationships have been built by Isabel’s regular appearances as a food and wine expert on syndicated morning TV Shows. Isabel is the host of Family Foodie Friday on CBS’s “Great Day Tampa Bay” and a regular NBC’s “Daytime TV Show” and ABC’s “The Morning Blend.”
Fun Facts About Isabel
- She was born in Portugal and immigrated to the United States when she was 6 years old. She didn’t speak a word of English.
- Her love for cooking began in her grandmother’s kitchen. As a little girl she loved watching her grandmother cook from her items grown on their small farm and vineyard.
- Her family is a total Football Family. Her husband is a football coach, all three boys played football and her daughter was a cheerleader.
- The inspiration for Family Foodie came about the day her daughter left for college. When asked what she would miss most about home, her answer was “I can’t imagine not being home on Sundays to enjoy our family meals.”
- And so it began, Isabel wrote her first blog post the day her daughter left for college.