Mexican street corn, or Elotes Mexicanos, is a traditional Mexican food that's quick to make and addictive! This elote recipe is a must try for the summer.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 corn on the cob shucked
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika can be mild or smoky
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro not packed
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- Lime wedges to serve
In a bowl, mix together the Mexican crema dressing ingredients. Combine 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 peeled and crushed garlic clove (or 1 tsp. garlic paste), lime zest from 1 lime, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1/8 cup chopped cilantro (about half of your 1/4 cup).
Grill 4 sweet corn without the husks on a grill, over high heat. Turn regularly for about 10 minutes until they begin to char.
Take the corn off the grill and brush with the crema dressing all over.
Finally, sprinkle 1/2 cup cotija cheese, lime juice from 1 lime, and your remaining cilantro over the top, and serve!
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob WITHOUT Husks: If you're not sure how to grill corn on the cob without husks, it really is as simple as brushing a hot grill with oil, then placing the corn on the grill and turning it regularly. You don't need to take any extra steps to grill corn on the cob without husks.
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob WITH Husks: If you prefer, you can also grill corn on the cob with husks. The steps are very similar to grilling corn on the cob without husks, you simply need to prepare the husks.
- To prepare the husks for grilling follow these steps:
- Peel the husks back carefully, leaving them attached at the bottom of each cob of corn.
- Remove the corn silks from the husks as best as you can. Normally, this is where you would season the corn. Because the Mexican crema we brush on after has our seasonings, we won't season here.
- Place the husk back over the corn. Grill as you would normally for the time stated in this recipe.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 0.7mg