Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
This Zuppa Toscana copycat is a creamy sausage potato soup, loaded with spicy, crumbly sausage, melt-in-your-mouth potatoes, and crispy bacon in a creamy broth!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb. Mild Italian sausage
- 5 Russet potatoes
- 1 White onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 5 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Set a 6-qt. Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add olive oil and mild Italian sausage to the pot and cook, stirring often, until the sausage browns and is crumbly.
Add onion and minced garlic. Cook and stir frequently until the onions are translucent.
Mix in bacon, potatoes, chicken broth, and a crack of black pepper. Stir well.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully quick-release the pressure when time is up, then slowly stir in the heavy cream. Season with sea salt and more fresh black pepper to taste. Serve, and enjoy!
- Sweeten it up: If you prefer, you can use sweet Italian sausage instead of mild spicy sausage. It will have a little less of a kick to it, but will be just as delicious!
- Add some greens: Kale or spinach are popular choices of greens to add to Zuppa Toscana. If you want to use these greens in your soup, we recommend adding them at the same time as the cream after cooking in the Instant Pot, and stirring them in until wilted.
- Reheat it: If you have leftovers you want to reheat, you can do so in the microwave or on the stove. On the stove, reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. In the microwave, reheat in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- The best way to freeze this soup if you’re making it ahead of time is to skip adding the cream until you’re ready to heat it up and eat it. Let it cool, then freeze. Add the cream after reheating.
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1170mg | Potassium: 924mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg