Bourbon Flip Cocktail
This easy Bourbon Flip Cocktail is perfect for all your winter get togethers! Layered with inviting seasonal aromas, this drink will make everyone a little toasty!
- 2 ounces bourbon good quality
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 large egg pasteurized if preferred
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
To a cocktail shaker add the bourbon, simple syrup, egg, and ice. Close and seal the shaker.
Shake vigorously for 2 minutes. This drink is all about getting the ingredients frothy and having lots of air mixed in. Shake it till you feel good and tired.
Strain the cocktail into a coupe or shallow champagne glass.
Top generously with freshly grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before using.
- Yes, you're going to add a whole egg to this recipe. If you're worried about the egg, you can buy pasteurized eggs.
- The key to this drink is air. You want a lot of it getting mixed in with your cocktail.
- Only add 3-4 ice cubes to the shaker. Too much ice will clog things up and the magic won't happen.
- Shake it 'til you drop! A Bourbon Flip needs to be shaken vigorously to really mix things up and create that froth. So shake, shake, and shake some more!
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.9mg